My little project 120 year old shutter into a coffee table

The other day I got a whim to want to build something. I never pre plan any of these things they just happen otherwise I would have gotten some other photos of the process.
But basically I had a little make shift pallet coffee-table before and it was not working for me, it would get dirty so easy and it was literally thrown together, I needed something a little more classy looking. We live in a home that was built in the 1870's and it is dark and gloomy. The house was actually foreclosed on and when we saw it we HAD to have it.  A lot of work has been done and still needs to be down, but it is all ours. There are times I wish I would have gotten the house that was ready to go no work needed,  but then again this house has so much character and it is truly the little things that you do that can make or break a room.
 Who says you need to go out and buy new furniture there are so many creative ways to spice up a room and this little coffee-table did just that for me this is my up cycled shutter coffee table. All the wood is reclaimed on it but has been stained to give it a more classy look.....the glass on top is from an old entertainment center ( thats how I roll). I cleaned this shutter for hours but decided to keep it as is I love the paint chipping away and the old hinges left on it just gives it more character. I hope you enjoy it!!





Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram