Moved to Storenvy and why I recommend never joining Etsy!


I have been with Etsy for quite a long time and I am not the one who likes to rant but, after the week I had with them I am left speechless...well I guess not quit:)  I spent almost a year putting every waking moment I had into building my store,brand,advertising ,products, etc, etc.... To receive an email this weekend from Etsy that they where suspending my store. I was blown away as I sell a lot and never have any issues. I was told that our items looked so good that they suspected we where resellers and, they needed proof that we actually made all our products. Well I can respect that, they are upholding the integrity of the market. I spent a day preparing an essay and photos of our work areas, supplies a vendors and processes. I even offered to skype them if all that didn't convince them.

I waited oh so patiently and the email came.....

"Thank you for all the information you sent us, we are proud to have you in the Etsy community. I will reopen your shop as soon as you pay your bill. Please pay and then email me back to reinstate your account." 

I had waited to pay them (is that bad) because I wanted to find out what was going on:)
So I paid and emailed the nice lady back and I got ......crickets.....I emailed a few hours later......crickets....I decided to be patient and wait I figured it would be opened in the morning.

All the next day nothing. So I emailed once more and then I got an email about 3pm saying my shop
 "was closed with out warning"

HUH!!! I thought they where proud of me??? at this point I am pretty well, PISSED!

  I start emailing, lots and lots of emails and with absolutely no responses back.

I have tried a few other times to get a response but, nada!

So I was left with nothing, I went from having a steady stream of income that supported my family to nothing!
On top of that! Watch how people panic when your store disappears!
It is insane, I do not blame them I would probably panic to. But I have had to write 40 customers explaining what is going on and that everything is the same we just aren't etsy anymore.

What a lovely experience, but hey you live you learn right. I hoping that I can spread my experience not to knock etsy because there are a lot of successful shops on there, hell I was one of them, but I am not entirely sure how long that is going to last. I think they have changed some things and it may bite them in the butt...So anyway that is my story take it as you will. Now on to the good part.....


Storenvy!!
I will be honest I have been hesitant about making a full switch, but it is something I wanted to do for a while..
Here is the scoop:
- There shops look better
- You have complete creative control of your shops look
- They are FREE ( I was paying on average $400 a month for Etsy)
- Friendly and quick support
- resources for there community
- Love the dashboard
- Love the overall look of the marketplace
Everyone just ROCKS there! I kind feel like I fit in better there:))

I was even looking for a new template and found one, the store Craftywidgets . He lets you try his templates before you buy, so I gave it go! I had some trouble installing...Operator error.. so I emailed him. Well has offered to do the install for me! That is crazy nice:))


People say there views are not as great but I beg to differ. All it takes is a few days advertising and you will see a change. I have just as many views on there as etsy and they will only grow because I just made the switch. It is all what you want and what you put your energy into that is what you  will get out of it. So don't be afraid of it if you need any help, EMAIL ME! I love helping and well I kinda have tested the waters so I know some short cuts:))

Oh did I mention I already made my first sale!!!

I know this is not my normal post but I wanted to share this!!
Check out my new shop, it is not all the way complete as of tonight 1/8/2014 it should be
but I would love to hear your feedback and stories!!
I would love a nice discussion!

XOXO~ Shana















Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Same here, we were on Etsy for 2 years, and after one year I saw what they were about...so I started looking. We moved both our shops over to Storenvy a few months ago...and I second everything you wrote! They are a great venue, with an awesome platform!
    I will add one more thing we are very impressed with...The ADMIN at Storenvy are real people, who really answer when you have a question or problem, and they take the time to help you and make Sure things are all good. They are very personal, and make sure they are available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elew for your comment:) I am happy to hear someone has the same experience, it seems like everywhere you go it is ETSY and drives me a little crazy. Storevnvy is so awesome and I agree the Admin are real people who give a damn! My only regret was not switching sooner.
      What your store link I would love to see it, I am trying to do cross promotion for others on storenvy, I feel like that as a group we can grow and all win. Thanks so much!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, we love to hear from you!

Instagram